Saturday, November 27, 2010

Innocence

Innocence and wisdom always seemed like conflicting concepts to me. For example, my mind immediately thinks (in its finite and quite frankly, naive nature) "How can someone be wise without experiencing life (be it good or bad) in order to be wise? (thus eradicating innocence). And of course all of the church-grown pupils immediately begin with "well we have the Bible as examples to gain wisdom", and while I agree with this, I also think there may be another source of wisdom besides the examples of Biblical Patriarchs, etc.

I think wisdom is often gained by simply spending time with our God (after all, why wouldn't the creator of wisdom be able to impart wisdom to his children?)

The wisest man to ever live had to ask his Father for that gift, why shouldn't we? (Solomon didn't have a Bible to flip through and follow)

Which then makes me think, if we get wisdom by spending time with God, the more innocent we become, right? Spending time with our Father should cleanse us, right? So these two concepts are becoming more closely related than I thought.

Not all knowledge is beneficial.

Maybe wisdom is being innocent in areas where knowledge is harmful.

Maybe innocence can be a shield to pain.

Innocence protects.

Innocence is simplicity; Oh, how often do I complicate my life. Why do I create trouble for myself? With the enemy attacking me as it is, I have enough problems to fight through. I will PUT ON INNOCENCE in order to help myself.

This world is one that is filled with pain and joy alike; often times it feels like more pain than joy. Sometimes I can't help but put on innocence - it's a way of getting through (when you find out your friend that you've been ministering to is falling into drugs, other friends are slowly falling away, your ministry feels like it's crumbling with your strongest supporters). Innocence - guiltless, only needing to know/focus on things that are beneficial.

Innocence is another arrow in my quiver.

1 comment: