Sunday, January 23, 2011

I complain. A lot.

I think I may be the biggest complainer I know.

Recently, I prayed and asked God for a little part-time job so that I could have another way of witnessing and have another small trickle of income (gas is expensive!). I was offered a job, but not the kind I wanted - I pictured a coffee shop job or a job at a cash register (areas I felt quite adequate). What I was offered was a job scrubbing stainless steel for hours upon hours.

I have never really done physical hard work - just mental hard work.

I got home and the first things out of my mouth were words of frustration and complaining (frustration as a result of my small build and pampered physical condition clashing with hard work).

But who do I think I am?

Didn't I pray for a job?

Didn't I get one?

Haven't I been blessed?

Complaining is pointless - It doesn't get me anywhere.

Hard work is hard.




No comments:

Post a Comment