Monday, January 31, 2011

Subway, Third Place, and focus.

I've discovered I have a problem with self-indulgent spending. I like to reward myself for what I consider to be a job well done or a day well spent by spending money on things like Subway, Third Place, etc. I find that I am dependent on such things for motivation and encouragement, when I need to be dependent on how God views my work as my source of motivation.

I don't think there's anything wrong with rewarding myself from time to time, but I do it far too often, and for far too trivial things. I end up wasting money, on food that isn't healthy anyways, and it doesn't actually encourage me like I think it will. Or I'll watch a tv show, trying to relax, when the entire time I'm just thinking about how bored I am, so I'll try to multi-task with something, and that something will always end up being done less than adequately.

I am really focusing on taking each thought captive and deciding if it is something of God, or something of my selfish, self-indulgent nature.

self-control is the solution to self-indulgence.

I should fast something.

No comments:

Post a Comment