Monday, February 14, 2011

Loopholes.

I'm beginning to see that I will NEVER be able to control my sinful desires alone: because you see,
when I sin, I feel bad for it - thus, I create "rules" or "standards" that I am supposed to be held to; but, subconsciously, I allow room for "loopholes" in these "rules", that I can use later on after the guilt has passed, and my sinful desires rage yet again.


as humans, we are great at convincing ourselves
that anything is okay when the
moment is convenient

[God, I'm good at logic; help me to
combine it with the skill of
constantly dwelling/working in your spirit]


I often find myself wanting to rush to the place in ministry where I see myself as having all
MY
issues dealt with,
(by the way, I'm becoming more and more convinced that there's no such time in one's life)
without the hard, shameful work of actually acknowledging that
I might need help.
and then actually getting help.
[God knows, I hate help]

[God, I want to be the kind of person who never turns down someone else's honest desire to help me]


I love warm weather - bring it on summer. (today was SO nice :)

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I'm fantastic at loopholes. I like the ability you have to make everyday occurrences into a moral lesson.

    Also: I hate right justification.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember how you asked if we're the same person in different genders?

    ReplyDelete