Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Nights. Christmas Lights. The Corner of my Room.

I have changed the title of my blog simply because I have changed the purpose of my blog.

So in Honor of this new template, blog title, and other little details no one will or should ever notice (or take the time to edit),
I have decided to title this specific post after the new blog.

Blog explanation - check.

So I have realized how much we as Christians stress the idea of "time with God", and how few of us actually take the time to DO this ourselves. I mean really, think about it, if more of us actually spent time with God, there would be a whole lot more facebook posts about God's goodness and a lot less about why our lives suck (or at least I would hope so).

I've decided I need to spent a lot more time reflecting. Too often I repeat
mistakes simply because I'm too
ignorant
or ashamed
to think or reflect on what I've done that has been self-destructive.

But that's what repentance is, right?
Telling God exactly what we've done, and then
thinking about how it affected us,
and making a conscious decision to not to it again.


I feel like our lives as Christians in this day and age
are very accurately indicating how our walks with God are.
It seems we talk a great game, but don't live it out very well.
(at least I often do).

Why is it that I've found recently that as Christians we are further
and further away from the actual relationship part with God?
The idea of actually looking up to the sky
and speaking to God as a real living God is foreign to some youth that I've had conversations with lately.

We are so stressed that we feel we have no time to give God,
and in essence, we are not allowing time
for the only important,
and absolutely
essential
thing
we
NEED.

After all, what is "Christianity" without "Christ"? - a lot of guilt, sorrow, and repetition.

So my time with God consists of Christmas lights, candles, and the corner of my room.







I wonder how girly that last sentence sounded...

No comments:

Post a Comment